We have been experiencing the worst of summers this year and as I stood in the scorching heat this morning,
I wished, prayed, pleaded, begged, call it what you may, for a spell of rain. As if in answer to my prayers, it started drizzling.
The smell of wet mud, the light breeze, the grey skies. Made me forget all my worldly worries for a moment there.
Oui, I am talking about the weather in Bangalore. The conditions in the Garden City are just incontestable!
Capricious, yet gentle, where all the variables seem to coalesce to form perfect weather conditions…
Moreover, when it rains and I see all the different shades of green around, I feel myself gradually slipping into my “Happy place”.
Right now, I am in my balcony, sipping some hot coffee and listening to some soul stirring music. And the best part? It is raining, the smell of wet mud, the light breeze, the grey skies… it is all there!
For a while here, I have forgotten work, college, and all those unnecessary, undue pressures which make me take life a bit too seriously.
But then again, I say, “True happiness is when you look forward to going to hell ! “.
True happiness, for me, is
- Watching the pool from my balcony as it rains!
- Watching “Friends” with a true friend 🙂
- Waking up thinking it’s a Monday, and realising it’s a Sunday!
- Accidentally biting into a chilly, and finding water right there!
- My boss leaving the room and me stealing a quick nap then :p
- The smell of the first monsoons 🙂
- A gel pen which glides along as I write 🙂
And so on and so forth…
As life gets a little too much to handle, I slip into my happy place, where, all seems ok, where I look at the big picture and smile.
Think about it dear Reader,
What makes you happy?
What makes you smile?
What is your happy place?